All the Little Hearts was born because of the babies that weren’t. The women behind this project have each experienced the heartbreak of multiple miscarriages. With each loss we felt more devastated, alone, confused, angry, sad, and helpless. Thankfully, we met each other through our shared grief and came together to make sure other women experiencing miscarriage wouldn’t feel so alone.
Each hand that touches our bags from sewing to writing out the cards to the assembly of the bags are the hands of women who know the pain of losing a pregnancy. In creating these caring bags we are healing our pain by helping other mothers like us, and we hope those who are helped by us feel that healing, too.
Each care bag contains:
- A hand made lavender infused warming pillow to soothe pain and cramping during miscarriage
- A candle to light in honor of your baby
- Seed paper for growing wildflowers
- A hand written note of love an support from another mom who is surviving pregnancy loss
- A hand sewn bag to hold and secure mementos from your pregnancy
a journal and pen for recording your memories and expressing your feelings
- Resources for honoring miscarriage, rituals to ease the experience of loss, and information on counseling for maternal grief